It is very important, for those of you DARING Do It Yourselfers out there who are going to attempt to paint a mural on your own, to properly PLAN first before you start.
The first step in planning is to gather the appropriate materials. You will need:
- Paint – acrylic for smaller areas, latex for larger surface areas
- Brushes (different shapes & sizes)
- Rags / Sponges – for adding texture and even for cleaning and touching up
- Reference Pictures – it is always good to tape up a picture to use as reference while you are working
- Drop Cloths & Sheets – to protect the floors and furniture
- Medium – this makes the paint more movable and is an essential when working with acrylics
The following videos will give you more insight on what you will need while preparing to paint a mural in a baby nursery. The first video will bring you through the list of specific painting materials that you will need before you start. The second video walks you through the types of paint you will want to work with.