We always enjoy meeting fellow artists who share in the passion of painting baby nurseries and children’s rooms. Robin Weiss is a mural painter out of Forest Hills, New York. Her company is called Paint Your World.
Here are a few questions that we have asked Robin so that you can get to know her a little bit better.
- How long have you been in business? Paint Your World has been bringing joy to client’s walls and furniture since 2000
- What areas do you service? Nassau County, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx
- How did you get started? I have a background in fine arts, and a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts Degree from the University of Michigan. After graduation, I embarked on a career in the business sector of the textile and fashion industry, however, I always knew I wanted to own my own business and use my artistic talents to make a living. By chance, when a friend was having her first baby in early 2000, she asked if I could paint a mural in her nursery. My response was “why not?” and after a completion, I knew I had found the career I had been searching for. Paint Your World was born!
- What is your favorite nursery mural that you have ever done? (include picture) It’s so hard to choose a favorite! Each one is like my own baby – but if pressed, I would have to say “Hey Diddle Diddle” is one of my top choices. I developed a close friendship with that client afterwards, and when they began to expand their family, they had to move and leave behind that wonderful mural. She was heartbroken, but has since hired me again to paint a new one in their new home!
- Is there a nursery mural theme that you have not done yet that you would love to do? I can’t think of a particular one; I love illustrating scenes from children’s nursery rhymes, so anytime a client requests that it’s extra fun for me.
- What is your contact info in case anyone would like to reach you for your services? My website is www.paint-your-world.com, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 718-997-1435
Here are a few more pictures of Robin’s work. My favorite is the flower headboard. Isn’t that cute?