- Mural Books that are full of beautiful photos – Keep some handy for when you have to sit and prop up those swollen ankles, or wait in that doctor’s office – again. Here’s some of my favorites
- Children’s Books – If you had a favorite as a child – such as Peter Rabbit or Dr. Seuss, you could use characters from that in your nursery mural.
- Television or Movies – Is there a favorite cartoon character of yours or just one that you think is cute? If it’s a popular one it will be easier to find accessories to match. Winnie the Pooh has been a favorite for years, and I’ve seen some nice Thomas the Train and Clifford decorations.
- Internet – definitely my favorite place. You can do a search on just about any mural topic. On my site alone there are dozens and dozens of ideas, topics, and pictures. My search bar is under the header on the right side. If you are looking for a pink baby nursery decorating ideas, just do a search under that and see what you come up with.
- Friends and Family – It can be fun including your friends & family in the search for the perfect nursery mural idea. Your mom might have some ideas from when she decorated. An aunt might know some cultural history of your family that you could include. But remember that it ultimately comes down to what YOU want for your baby.
- Stores – Some stores that sell baby furniture have display areas set up. Often they have sheet sets and furniture matched up.You can see what you do or don’t like and build from there. Don’t be afraid to mix and match to make it your own.
- Heirlooms – Some people have their christening gown or even something from their grandparents that they use as the focal point and design their decorations around that. It could be a favorite toy of yours that you saved, your night light as a child, or a quilt your grandmother made; as long as it’s something you love.
These are some of the popular baby nursery mural ideas that you might want to start with if you have absolutely no idea where to begin. Click on the links to read more on each topic.
- Jungle Themed Mural
- Tropical Foliage Nursery Mural
- Baby Animal Mural
- Under the Sea Mural
- Garden Themed Mural
- Sports Themed Mural
- Cartoon Character Mural
- Tree Themed Mural
- Flower Themed Mural
- Zoo Themed Mural
- Princess Themed Murals
As you can see there are many, many different ideas for nursery decoration; and no 2 nurseries will look exactly alike. The baby nursery mural becomes the centerpiece/focal point that catches your eye and makes you smile. I hope I gave you plenty of tips on how to find baby nursery mural ideas so you can make your nursery a place you love when you are wide awake or sleep deprived.
Do you have a baby nursery mural idea already? Which nursery mural theme would you pick?